Thursday, April 18, 2013

Bead Soup 3rd Reveal Postponed

My place in the Bead Soup Blog Party is the 3rd Reveal, originally scheduled for Saturday, April 13.  Lori has been having some health issues, so the 3rd Reveal will now happen on Saturday, April 27 instead.

I don't mind the delayafter all, there's no reason that the deadline needs to be etched in stoneand I hope that Lori is feeling better very soon.  Anyway, it gives me more time to finish my creations and to view more of the 1st and 2nd Reveal blogs.

In school, I was the kid who waited until two days before my term paper was due to write it.  I'd do the research in plenty of time, but when it came to putting it all together I had a hard time getting organized.  I was a kid; I didn't know why.  Once I got rolling, I usually did a pretty good job.

These days, when my favorite customer says, "Please design a necklace and earrings for my niece's graduation present.  She likes purple," I ask for the deadline.  

I'm always done well in advance of the deadline, but my husband says I wait too long to start.  He's Felix Unger to my Oscar Madison.  I try to explain to him that jewelry designs itself in my head and it's hard to speed up the process, but he doesn't get it.

It recently hit me that if I start putting the components together too soon, I won't have an opportunity to come up with a better idea. Now maybe there isn't a better idea, but I need to give things time to ferment in my head, just in case.  

Last week I decided that I would make two different pieces of jewelry from my soup, one for the focal bead and one for the clasp.  You'll see why when post the photos.  I've completed a necklace with the focal bead.  I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with the clasp.  Yes, I've narrowed it down to a couple of possibilities and I'll decide on the final design in the next day or two.

After all, I have 9 more days before I have to post the photos!



No comments:

Post a Comment